Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dante Jaydon

Sorry it's been so long everyone! Things have been absolutely insane.

It's about midnight right now so I'll have to type up my birth story tomorrow, but I just wanted to post a few pictures and make the general announcement.

Dante Jaydon was born on August 9, 2010, at 5:46 in the afternoon by caeseran section after 23+ hours of active labor (my water broke at 6PM on the 8th). He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 21 & 3/4 inches long. His blood sugar was immediately checked due to my gestational diabetes and besides a mild case of jaundice, he is perfectly healthy. We were discharged last Thursday, the 12th, and have been at home since. Chad is on paternity leave until this Friday so he has been helping me around the house since I'm struggling with recovering from the c-section.

It's hard to believe he's already a week old! He smiles for us frequently, loves to watch and cuddle with his dad, and is generally very good at feeding. Now for some pictures. :)


Just born, getting weighed and measured. (Chad had presence of mind to take pictures for me, since I didn't get to see him until recovery.)


Daddy holding Dante for the first time.



Me holding Dante for the first time after finally getting into our room.


Chad holding Dante.



One week old!


I'll try to work on typing up the entire story tomorrow to get posted for everyone. Comment/E-mail me! :) I hope you guys like the pictures.

Love <3 - Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment