So, I just find myself thinking alot this morning about what was happening this time last year. Maybe it's because I am watching the premiere of "The Rachel Zoe Project" on Hulu instead of watching it on the big screen TV in my parents' living room or in my bedroom floor painting my toenails like I did every week. That seems to be what has brought the thoughts on, anyway... how odd, that a TV show can do that.
This time last year, I was recovering from sepsis and having my port-a-cath removed, still in quite a bit of pain from the months worth of 102+ fevers every week and the surgery.
Now, I'm 39 weeks pregnant with a little boy, fairly healthy for me.
This time last year, I had been married for a little over a month and was hundreds of miles away from a husband I had spent a total of 10 days with in the last 4 months, including our wedding and honeymoon.
Now, I'm hundreds of miles away from where I was sitting 365 days ago.
This time last year, I was spending time every week with three amazing guys who had become my best friends, my support system, my comic relief, sometimes up to several days.
Now, I rarely see anyone outside of my doctors and my husband. I rarely get to talk to those guys that carried me through so much, and I'm a bit lonely.
This time last year, I had just become the wife to a new Marine and was nervous about our future, handling equipment and being a military wife, moving to be with Chad...
Now, being nervous hasn't changed but the worry is over the consequences from this past deployment, the one coming by next year, being pregnant, becoming a mother, handling more on my own and whether I can.
This time last year? I rarely resembled me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment