Friday, July 30, 2010

I know it's been a while...

I know it's been a while, and I apologize. Things have been kind of insane.

First off, I turned 38 weeks Thursday so 12 days left until my EDD (estimated due date).

I went to see the OB today and happened to see a doctor that I actually did like. She was pretty straight to the point. We found out that an extreme increase in pelvic pressure, sharp pains, strong cramping, irregular contractions managed to dilate me to 2cm, compared to the 1 from a week ago, which is encouraging.  At least I'm not enduring all of this on my hips and no sleep, even with Benadryl, without any progress. I probably would have completely broken down. I'm hoping I'll see her on Tuesday at my next AFI/NST because she said if I progress at all by then - preferrably to 3cm - she'll discuss inducing.

I'm supposed to see rheumatology on Wednesday... whether I keep that appointment or not, I don't know. I know I need to, but I've already got twice weekly NSTs/AFIs and it's wearing on Chad, my car, and myself to do that, much less more. I don't want to waste even more time and energy and gas and patience (from Chad's superiors)...

Chad's birthday was this past Wednesday. :) We didn't get to do a whole lot, unfortunately, but I think he had a good one anyway. I don't doubt he probably wanted to rest anyway! XD Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment