So, not a whole lot to say today. We went to walmart today, got groceries, some matching clothes for our family photo shoot in the morning (yay!). We were going to try to get Chad's glasses but the lines were insane, so he said he'd try to take care of it this week sometime. The unit is supposed to leave before long for MV though we don't know exactly what day yet. Hopefully they'll tell us soon. They'll be gone several weeks, so it'll be... interesting to see how I can cope here by myself for that period. Give me an idea what deployment will be like. We'll see.
When he gets back, before too long hopefully, we'll be going on pre-dep leave to Tennessee. I'm looking forward to it in some ways, others not so much from all the drama and such, on both sides of our family. I'd rather not stay as his family's house more than a few days if I can. If he'd wanna stay more than that, that'd be fine, but... we'll also have to deal without having a car, so I don't know how that is going to work. We'll figure something out. Sure can't afford that for that long of a period.
I'm also going to see if Chad will sit with me down with his mother. To tell her "Ok, for Dante's birthday I'm going to be coming to TN. I'm going to have one party either at my parents' house or at the pool at the recreational center. We will invite everyone and you are all welcome to come. I'm not having separate parties. I want all his family there at once. We need to be united. Also, Thanksgiving/Christmas. The actual day, I'll be with my family. The evening before or the day after, whichever you like, will be spent with you guys. I'll be here, not Chad, so I want to spend that time with my side of the family."
I want it clear that he and I agree on what I want to do so I don't hear "Chad would want you to do...." blah blah. I did it before. Not again.
From his side of the family or mine. I'm done making everyone happy. I'm going to do what I think I should for Dante and I. If they like it and want to be involved, great. If not, your loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment