Friday, October 1, 2010

Rain, rain, rain - but fall is here!

So Sunday it started raining and it didn't stop until this morning, Friday. Ugh! We literally got just under 20 inches of rain from the tropical storms/depressions that came through, and the flooding is awful though thank God it didn't affect our porches, car, anything like that. I quite enjoyed the storms actually, although they seemed to make Dante a little bit restless in the early morning hours.

But today was 70 degrees for a high and cloudy, and I managed to get outside and walk for about 15 minutes. I'm so not looking forward to those biting winds I remember from last winter in NC but right now, the weather is gorgeous. Just enough chill to nip at you and I love it. :) October 1st brings the first feels-like-fall day.

Next Friday we'll be flying out of Raleigh at 6PM headed for TN so I'm excited for that. Or, well parts of it. I'm not really looking forward to if we end up seeing my in-laws, or let me specify, my MIL. I don't mind the FIL, GMIL, or the siblings. MIL and I just... do not get along. She showed her true colours I feel when he decided to go into the Marines/we got married and again during his deployment/my pregnancy. She is trying to play nice right now, but I don't trust her, quite frankly. I have no reason to. So I just have this feeling something is going to happen when we go to TN if we end up seeing them, and Chad and I decided to stay in a hotel so if it does, at the very least, Dante and I will be out. As in, in the car and gone to the hotel. We'd have to go back to the hotel at least once during the day anyway for Dante's nap (and my sanity). Thankfully we wouldn't be there very long.

It's going to be hard to leave my family though when we have to go. We can only stay through Thursday, won't be able to come home for Thanksgiving (though they said they could always come out here), and I'm hoping we'll get to come home for Christmas, but we just never know with Dante and whether Chad will have enough time to take off. :-/ (sigh)

I'll just have to worry about that later. Get through this visit first. Dante's gettng big fast  enough as it is, I don't wanna think about him being over 4 months at Christmas. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment