Yesterday, headed to the grocery store to get food and diapers, among a few other things.
Today Dante sat in his high chair to eat for the first time. Of course, Mom had to take a few pictures!! (Green beans....)
Poor baby has developed eczema I think. He has always had dry spots inside his elbows and behind his knees but the doc was never concerned and neosporin always seemed to resolve it. A few days ago, they began getting more red and raised/bumpy looking. Neosporin wasn't helping and neither did benadryl cream or lotion. Then yesterday he had larger splotches of raised red bumpy areas all over his right elbow, outside and inside, some on his left inner elbow, and a spot on the crease of his left ankle. I'm almost positive it's eczema, so we tried the 'bleach bath' (1/4c of bleach for a tub full of lukewarm water) which seemed to help a bit and I made a trip to CVS this morning to pick up some Intensive Healing Cortizone 10 cream for ezcema and skin conditions. Tonight, it seems much less red, anyway, so I' mthankful for that. If he still does ok, I'll make an appt Tuesday (they're closed for Martin Luther King Day tomorrow) for Wednesday morning to take him to the doctor.
With my history of autoimmune disorders, I don't want this going un-noted or untreated by any means. I may not stay on top of my issues, but I am staying on top of any of his. He will not suffer because of mine...
My songs that I dedicate to little Dante today are:
"Lullaby" by Billy Joel
"Lullaby" by Creed (Wonderful song if you haven't ever heard it)
"Moments that Take Your Breath Away" by George Straight
"A Whole New World" Aladdin
"Baby Mine" by Alison Krauss
"Photograph" by Nickelback
No comments:
Post a Comment