So, I know technically it's Saturday now, the 10th, but I meant to do this blog earlier on tonight. Just didn't happen. I can't sleep now for being nauseated and really uncomfortable so... may as well!!!
Chad took me to my weekly non-stress test/amniotic fluid index scan at the OB's today. The nurses had us confused during the NST because he wasn't moving very much, so they were trying several things to get him to wake up (that's all it was, which I tried to tell them). His heart rate was 130 (because he was sleeping - hello!) so they finally finished that and sent me to get the AFI.
Amniotic fluid is at a healthy, normal level, so yay for that. He was really working his mouth during the scan, sucking, moving his lips around, so that's a good sign. Hopefully his lungs are doing what they're supposed to do. :) Mature!
After the AFI scan, they called me to see Dr. Neilson, who I'd never seen before but really liked. Of course I'll probably not see her again much less have her deliver me (with my luck) but I really liked her. She said the NST/AFI was fine, BP and urine looks good, all the fun stuff. I told her about the contractions I've been having off and on for several days now (better part of a week) and the pressure I've been feeling more and more of in my pelvis, so she said since I'm 35 weeks anyway, she would do a cervical check.
We both got surprised. 2 weeks ago, they checked me at L&D when I went in for contractions/ketones/dehydration. Cervix was still really high, closed, no signs of effacing or dilation, and baby wasn't in position. Today, I am 70% effaced and baby is at station -1, lowering down to be "engaged." No dilation, but she seemed more surprised at how soft my cervix had gotten so quickly more than anything.When she did the exam, I said "Wow, it must have moved down some because you aren't having to reach nearly as far." She said "Yeah, way down. Wow, your cervix is really soft now..." So we'll see what happens.
She also did my Group B Strep test today, so hopefully by my appointment Tuesday (they've all decided to do 2x weekly NSTs/1x weekly AFIs now), they'll have those results back. Pretty much the final "prenatal" test done! Yay!
Next week is going to be insane. :-/ It's got me worried. Monday we have my cardiology appointment at 0815 (echo, consult, etc). Tuesday, Chad has an appointment at 1130, I have my NST at 1530. Wednesday, Chad has another appointment. Thursday we have somewhat of a break (thank goodness..). Friday Chad has a 0900 appointment and then I'll have my NST/AFI sometime that day (book that one after my appt Tuesday).
It's just so much running... I hate putting that kind of stress on Chad with having to take some time from work to take me to my appointments, on my car (30 miles just to the base from our house and about the same to/from Jacksonville : one-way). Maybe cardio will be able to tell me something Monday so I can drive again...
Well, I'm having quite alot of pressure and discomfort again tonight so I think I may get into another hot shower (I hate having to take at least one, sometimes two a day, but it seems to be all that helps sometimes) and try to sleep. Ouchie ouchie...
Lots of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment