So I found out that Babababies will only let me upload 6 photos at a time, and since I'll be uploading more pictures than that - especially when baby gets here - I decided to change to blogger so I can post pictures from time to time to show preparations and happenings once baby does get here.
Sorry you guys have to favorite a different page! Below are the posts from Baby's Blog and Mom's Blog - just to make sure I can keep what I've recorded so far. :)
Baby's Blog
May 31, 2010
Memorial Day!
Saturday - Officially ordered the breathable baby bumper (chocolate/mocha) and mattress from WalMart.com for the best prices we could find. They should be arriving between Friday and Tuesday of next week.
Yesterday/Sunday - Finally ordered the crib! A Glenwood 3-in-1 Convertible Sleigh Crib in Cinnamon, will eventually turn into a daybed/toddler bed, so that will be very useful later on. Also ordered a faux fur, dark chocolate coloured throw blanket that is plush and supposed to be thicker. We were going to get a rug for that room because of that carpet being so rough and not being able to decorate the nursery much, but a throw will work just as fine, cover twice the space, and cost the same as a rug. Hoping it'll look fine and add a bit of colour to the room, since we can't afford bedding or wall decorations and such.
May 24, 2010
So we went to the OB today and had lots of things done, but the most exciting was the 3D ultrasound! So wonderful. Baby actually seemed to laugh during the ultrasound, huge smile on his face. It was absolutely priceless and took Dad's breath away. :) Mine, too! He wanted to be a bit stubborn at first, facing the opposite way from the probe, but once I turned onto my right side, he mvoed around, like I knew he would. So Dad was absolutely amazed and pleased with it all. Baby weighs about 3 lbs now and is looking absolutely healthy, thank goodness!
May 20, 2010
It's Thursday. 28 week mark/7 months. Tuesday afternoon, we went and picked up the bassinet. $35 for something that usually costs $70-$100 and it's really nice. :-) It's solid white with a folding canopy, wheels that can fold up into the legs to make a rocker instead, vibration/musical capabilities. I think it'll work really nicely!
Yesterday, I went to Jacksonville and picked up the Graco Deco Travel System. It's so cute! We got it for $75; normally, it runs $200+ at BabysRUs which is the only store that carries it around here. It's dark brown and beige with some areas of polka dots (light blue, yellow, brown). The carseat isn't very heavy, either, so I'm hoping it'll work well. And Daddy seems to like it, too! He seemed very pleased when he saw it after he got home from work last night, so yay! :-) Think we did a good job.
Now all we have left (on big things) is the crib and mattress (and choose the bedding). I'm going to make a trip to WalMart one day and get one (maybe two) of the clear drawer sets to keep clothes, wipes, diapers, things like that in. That way we can see into the drawers, make it easier to keep up with all of that, and they're not very big or terribly expensive.
3D Ultrasound on Monday!
May 17, 2010
So, Baby has had his feet right in my ribs today, it seems. Haha. He's been having spurts of activities today, which is fairly normal for him. Daddy and I will be seeing him in 3D a week from today, and I know his Dad is super excited about that. :-) At the last ultrasound, last Tuesday, with the Maternal Fetal Specialist, he weighed 2 pounds and 1 ounce - right on track!! Hopefully we'll find out some more about his length and get some good pictures of his face at the 3D appointment.
Mom's Blog
06/26/10
This week has been insane. Ended up in L&D - again - on Tuesday, after my first NST didn't show baby moving as much as they wanted. Everything ended up being okay besides some ketones in my urine (which have since cleared up, thankfully) and slightly low iron levels. The OB Tuesday agreed with Dr. Wright (MatFet OB) and the midwife Sunday that I shouldn't be driving with being so weak and dizzy when I try to. So, Chad's superiors managed to work it so that he can take me to my doctor appointments - UNTIL July 25th, which will be about 37.5 weeks for me. After that, he won't be able to take off to drive me, so we're going to look into seeing if Military OneSource - a group on base who can help with homehealth - may be able to help us as far as that is concerned, because it's about the only option we have been able to possibly find. If that doesn't pan out, I'll have to drive myself somehow.
I really don't feel like he is going to go to 38 weeks or more, but if he does happen to, I'll have to deal with it then.
On another note, we are two days away from our one year anniversary, but chances are we won't be doing alot for it Monday. Chad has to work, go to an appointment about his foot/ankle, try to get some new boots/shoes... so we probably won't be doing anything, I don't believe. Which is still okay.
Baby seems to be doing fine, mostly. He moves around quite alot, or maybe it just seems that way since he's running out of room! We have everything that we can pretty much get right now. We have some premie clothes and newborn sized diapers, but of course, can't order more of those until we see if we're going to need them. Chad and I set up the mobile for the crib and the rocker/bouncer chair earlier this week, and the hospital bag is sort-of "packed" though I'll probably have to go back through it. We kind of threw everything together in a hurry when I was contracting Sunday!
06/21/10
So I ended up in L&D yesterday - wonderful, right? Since Saturday, I fought with a fever up to 101, vomiting, extreme back aches/pains, exhaustion, all the fun stuff. By yesterday, Chad was really concerned, I was having to get into hot showers every couple hours just to keep from crying from being so uncomfortable and frustrated. I called the on-call midwife around noon, took the midwife over four hours to call me back, and she finally said to come into L&D to get checked out. So on we went; Chad, too! On the way there, I started having contractions, which freaked me out a little bit. I got there and they found out that I was very dehydrated from being so sick, so I ended up with an IV - which took four sticks to accomplish I might add. (cringe) I had alot of ketones in my urine, so they were a bit concerned about that.
I chugged alot of water, got some phenegran in me, and antibiotics and that finally stopped the contractions. So about 3 hours later, they released me. Hopefully, these weird fevers won't come back.
06/13/10
So this weekend has been productive. We had some issues with a piece on the crib being split when it arrived last week, but I took it back to Target and got it exchanged. Friday night, we got the crib together, mattress in, bumper on, and sheets on. So all I've got to do now is put the mobile on it, pick out which blankets to put on the crib itself - not that it'll matter for a few months with baby sleeping in the bassinet.
But the nursery is done now. :) Besides a few little things, the main pieces are all FINISHED!
I have to start going the 22nd for biweekly NSTs and amniotic fluid checks at the OBs office. I just do not see this baby going full term... I think they're wanting to keep an extra close eye on me and baby with all the issues I've got. I can't make it easy!
I'm hoping to get pre-registered at my next official appointment, whichever one Chad will get to come to, because I'll need him to be with me for paperwork.And I'm also hoping to get pre-registered with a pediatrician, so we'll see. :)
05/31/10
Memorial day. :) Chad is off today and doesn't have to report in until 4 pm tomorrow to check in. So yay for that.
I got crib, mattress, and a plush throw blanket/rug ordered this weekend. Should be here in the next 3-6 days probably. We should have about 70 dollars left on WalMart cards and about 120 left on Target cards to use for diapers and things like that. So thank goodness for that. Every little bit we don't have to dip into paychecks, yeah?
I turn 30 weeks on Thursday. ^_^ It's getting very close now. 10 weeks to due date but I think he's going to be here before then.
I have to call the Patient Relations office tomorrow, to ask them to put in the request for me to stay with the OBs and specialist in Jacksonville instead of having to change to an OB at the Naval Hospital. I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I don't have the time to re-educate yet another doctor, the third one, on my conditions and the dangers that could happen if they aren't monitored. I'm just praying with all I have that I can stay with my OB/MFS in Jacksonville. Just praying that God will stick with me, help me in this. He's done so much for us already... surely He'll hear our prayers on this, too.
05/17/10
So, baby has had his feet right in my ribs today. Lots of kicking, and needless to say, that particular sensation is going to take some getting used to! Very odd to feel his foot make my rib vibrate like some sort of musical instrument.
Belly is getting bigger every day, it seems, much to Daddy's delight. Haha. He loves picking on me for it, but loves feeling Baby move and respond to his voice. Dad can speak, and occasionally, Baby will kick at him in response. It's pretty amusing!
We're going tomorrow afternoon to get our bassinet, which I found on the Lejeune Yard Sale website. Brand new, with vibrations and music, solid white in colour, and the military mother's LO has just outgrown it. So she's selling it for $35! I'm super excited, having seen the pictures and the amazing shape it's in. DH and I will be picking it up after he gets off of work.
Wednesday morning, after I drop him off at work, I'll be going to Jacksonville, out near Western Boulevard, to pick up a beige/brown polka dot travel system (car seat/stroller/base) that yet another military mom is wanting to sell for $75. I'm so pleased and hoping it will meet my expectations. :) If so, we'll have saved somewhere betwen 80-100 dollars we can use on the crib and bedding instead - now that Baby is going to have his own room. So yay for saving money! Especially when the materials are in such good shape.
We'll probably go the next couple weeks and pick out his crib and bedding as well as a few other things we're going to need for his arrival. And we should be set once we have crib and swing put together (which DH is going to do). So... very exciting to get started on the nursery.
Yes, I know I'm nesting. No, I don't much care. Haha.
So, signing off for today. Will hopefully have an update tomorrow when we get the bassinet.
No comments:
Post a Comment