Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 36

So, today is officially my 36th week - if you're going by my due date. Nine months down. "One to go." [Technically.] Next Thursday, 37 weeks, is considered to be "full term." Scary, huh? Means that if I go into labor, they won't stop me. They probably wouldn't now with him weighing on target at approximately six pounds, being head down, and my body trying to get ready for his arrival.

I have my non-stress test tomorrow, and I'll be going as nine months pregnant - so now when people ask how much longer I have, I can actually tell them a month. Though I'll probably still hear "Well, you're not that big for someone who is so far along!" Is that a compliment? I'm never quite sure. I'm going to ask them who all is going to be working in the office, hopefully Dr. Neilson will be there (the woman OB I saw last Friday and liked so much) or maybe Dr. Wynn ('midwife' I saw a few weeks back). If they are, I'm going to ask if they can try to get me in to see one of them. At the very least I'll be telling them I am not seeing the doc I had the other day - if he's even working. Not happening. Unless we want to make a trip to Onslow Memorial and I don't think he'd be going to L&D if I stomped his foot. :D

Yesterday was... a very long day. I'm not going into details because it's not worth my time, but I'm honestly so sick of drama queens and narcissistic personalities that I could scream. I'm tired of it, and I feel like I put up with quite a bit, especially in some situations, and have for a long while. So for me to say I'm honestly, completely fed up? Should be a good indication of how done I am. I'm frustrated and angry for myself and for my husband who should never be in such a situation in the first place. He's been through so much in his life, and I try to make things easier on him whenever I can, but unfortunately, I think all I can do at this point is be honest when he asks my opinion and support him as much as I can while also looking out for me.

On a plus side about yesterday, though, I never could seem to get some sleep so I ended up in the baby's room, reorganizing some of the drawers, clothes we've gotten, toys/books, things like that. Between the pressure and the occasional contractions that come and go at night, I just try to sleep whenever I can grab it, and lately, it just hasn't been happening. But despite all that, I didn't mind getting some stuff done. Felt productive and helped my anxiety levels. His room is about as ready as it is going to get until he arrives, besides maybe a smaller hamper or trash can. [Note to self: remember this at DG Saturday...]

Speaking of sleep and such, I think I am going to attempt a lie down. Hope to speak to you readers soon.

***EDIT***

I took a belly photo just a little while ago, so if you're squeamish cover your eyes. >.< I look so fat but I've only gained 8 lbs (6 of that baby!) past my pre-pregnancy weight, so  I try to take comfort from that...

Even Mom can see how much lower he's gotten just in a week! Oh, and don't mind the Holter Monitor leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment