Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Entitlement" - Rant for the Day

Entitlement : belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges.

This pisses me off to no end, honestly. And yes, this is mostly about the baby. This sense that someone is entitled to be able to come see the baby, have a say in the baby's life simply because of their "station" in life. Because of DNA.

If you weren't granted the privilege of being at the conception, you aren't entitled to be there after, either. It's a granting of privileges, favors, and to me, if you have not earned those, (because guess what? Those aren't guaranteed; they're earned), then you have no say in what goes on during or after birth, including visits and how I choose to spend my time with my child, at least until they're legally of age. That's right, ladies and gentlemen.
My child.

Imagine that. I go through 9+ months of pregnancy, labor, delivery, recovery, and I get to make the decisions about my kid, along with my husband? How dare I?

I'm done being a doormat for the sake of trying to be "nice." Nice doesn't seem to work and hasn't seemed to for as long as I can remember, so why would I keep on trying? What's the effing point when it's doing nothing positive for me or my family? [Yeah, I get to be selfish, for once.]

Maybe it's the fact I'm about to have a child to stand up for and make the right decisions because he isn't capable of that yet. Maybe it's because the sh!t has hit the fan too many times and I'm tired of cleaning it up. Maybe I'm just at the end of my rope and can't take it anymore.

Maybe .... it's all of the above.

But you're not entitled to a damn thing.

[Note: This is not intended for or towards anyone who has access to this blog. If I gave you the site and password, you're not a target. So don't worry!]

No comments:

Post a Comment