Monday, July 26, 2010

37 weeks & 4 days

So, not a terrible lot to report today. I went to my Maternal Fetal doctor appointment. Baby is very long (shocker!) and 6.6 lbs which is exactly where is healthy for him to be. Thank goodness. The doctor released me from his care, because this far into the pregnancy, there is little else he can do. The OB and other specialists would have to handle any issues with my autoimmune disorders now,since it doesn't seem to really be affecting the baby. The areas of placental damage that they've been seeing don't appear to be depriving baby of oxygen or blood thus far, which is good. Thank God for that much.

The past few days has seen me having some bleeding, a lot of intense cramping and pressure - to the point of depriving me of sleep and rest from it worsening if I lay or stand too much, more instances of contractions though I doubt they are doing much dilation wise... general consensus tends to be that since I'm dilated at ALL, they want me to go into labor on my own. MF said that if the OB wants to induce me at 39 weeks, that should be fine, but that will be up to the OB. I think depending on where I stand Friday at my NST and who I see I may ask about it. I have so much trouble with pain as it is and this being so drawn out is doing nothing but worsening it.

I doubt they will listen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment