Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lullaby

First of all - happy fourth. Today serves to remind us of the sacrifice our military makes every day, as well as their families, but as those who are reading this (and know Chad and I) know, we should try to remember this every day. There was nothing more heartbreaking to me than to see good military men at Bethesda who had no one but strange faces to care about their injuries; to see Marines at Parris Island who, DH told me later, had nobody to support them or celebrate accomplishments; or to think of the ones who come home for the final time with no one to shed tears over their loss to their world. So remember our military. Especially when the ones who are lost may someday be someone of your own.

Now onto a somewhat happier note, I added a musical playlist to the blog. "Baby Mine" and "A Whole New World" are ones I would sing to the babies I took care of while working at the daycare, soothe them to sleep or help them to calm down, since I grew up with Disney movies. I know many more, but these seemed most appropriate to me at the moment. I've found myself humming them often lately.

"Watching You" is one that I was surprised to discover the other day Chad really likes. I think it's taken on quite a meaning for me, so hearing it now makes me smile.

There are two titled "Lullaby" on my list, as you've probably noticed. Creed's "Lullaby" has been a significant song to Chad and myself throughout our relationship, for alot of reasons. Billy Joel's version of "Lullaby" only became important to me, meaningful after hearing it very recently. My mother sent it to me while at work one day, both of us ending up in tears. I've always been very close to my mother, especially due to my Dad's cancer and since I ended up ill over 3 years ago. Being over 600 miles away from my family is hard, though I know I'm where I need to be for my husband, child, and myself, but upon hearing this song, it just hit me all at once. So yes, this song has alot of meaning to me.

I hope some of them make you smile, whether in memory, amusement, or even melancholy. Music is meant to provoke emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment