So, I did my little "me" post earlier this morning (WAY earlier, like 2 am earlier). Time to update about the appointment yesterday. Hopefully you'll forgive me if I rant a little.
So I went in at 3. The place was packed; people sitting on tables, no parking spaces anywhere near the office, the whole shebang. Sent my anxiety through the roof with all those lovely people and kiddos crammed into one space. Claustrophobia much? They got me back to the non-stress test (NST) room by about 320 or so. Chad read while I sat on the machine, holding the little button to mark his movements and watching the pulse.
We (Chad, I, and nurses) noticed a few things pretty quickly. My normally-hyperactive kid had moved once in the first 10 minutes. Not normal for him. We also noticed his heart, which is on average in the 140s, was in the 120s. They brought in things to make loud noises with, which made his heart go up temporarily but very quickly settle back down, and he still refused to move. I had told them that with the on-off contractions and intense pressure in my pelvis, I had noticed his activity had gone down some, but I hadn't realized it was THAT much.
From there, we went back into the waiting, then got called back for the amniotic fluid index ultrasound (AFI). My "favorite" tech, who really is a sweet girl though a bit paranoid after I passed out on her that one time, was the one who got to scan me. Amniotic fluid was a 9-ish, less than last week's 11 but still normal and a good amount. She decided since I was 35w5d, she'd go ahead and check his weight (5.12-6.0 lbs) which is pretty normal, pretty average. He had his hands up around his face again, and sure enough, wasn't moving very much, but everything was fine. No cord around the neck, heart looked good, etc. So that helped settle my mind a bit. She also had to almost pull my shorts completely off to get the probe low enough on my pelvic bone to even SEE his head! Even she said "Wow, he's alot lower than last week" (keep in mind that at my last scan, Friday, he was at -1 station, so he's got to be about 0 station now).
We came out (then around 435 pm or so) and had a doc say he could see us. I go to a practice, so this particular OB was one I had not seen before. I went in, they told me to strip from waist down b/c he would want to check me probably, and we waited about 10 minutes before he came in. He came in, measured my fundal height, and said "We'll see you Friday for your NST" - walking out the door! I literally had to grab his arm and say "I'm having more incidences of irregular contractions, alot of braxton-hicks contractions, increase in pressure, decrease in fetal movement, and [other more descriptive happenings here, lol]." He rolled his eyes, called for a nurse, and "checked me." I say that with quotations because he didn't really. He had me lie back on the table and without even feeling (pretty much just pushed his fingers and back out) says "Well, I don't think you're dilated any. My wife contracted a few times at night from 28 weeks on. You're fine." And left.
Never looked at my folder. Never looked at my NST strip. He was in such a damn hurry to get out the office door that he didn't care at all. Needless to say, Chad and I both left pissed off and telling everyone that if he was the only doc there at my appointments (he won't be), we would leave before seeing him. We'll wait extra time to see one of the other OBs or midwives before we see him again. Period.
So that was our lovely yesterday. >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment